Pre-Construction is the phase of a negotiated construction contract that develops a road map for the project team. The Pre-Construction Phase actually unites the project team, architect/interior designer, engineer, construction managers, the client and the landlord.
The team works together at the inception of the project to help establish sufficient conceptual information to prepare preliminary budget estimate and project schedule. These budgets of dollars and time are updated periodically through the development of the contract documents. The end result being that the client knows where the project is headed in dollars and time before the completion of the drawings.
A significant factor of Pre-Construction is value engineering. This evaluates the cost of systems, designated areas of design and allows for suggested alternates for cost savings and/or efficiency measures. Pre-Construction also provides for the identification and pre-ordering of long lead items.
Services Included in Pre-Construction:
• Selection of Cannon Constructors, Inc.'s project team.
• Architect, interior designer, engineer and client coordination.
• Design and specification review and analysis.
• Establishment of procedures and criteria for scheduling of all required project functions.
• Ongoing estimating and pricing.
• Project scheduling.