Each of our projects is assigned a Project Accountant who works with the project manager to handle all aspects of the project’s accounting needs. By combining the services of accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger, and insurance under one account manager, we provide cohesiveness in our approach: an individual who has a vested interest in the project outcome.
A. PLANNING PHASE:
• Establish project-specific billing and payment procedures.
• Develop a preliminary cash flow schedule.
• Review the financial qualifications of proposed subcontractors.
B. CONSTRUCTION PHASE:
During construction, the primary focal points are cost and risk control. The project accountant will:
• Prepare frequent internal audits.
• Evaluate subcontractor liability and worker’s compensation insurance.
• Review and update cash flow schedules.
• Ensure receipt of proper lien releases and other interim documents.
• Comply with any special project reporting requirements.
• Standard payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger processing.
C. PROJECT CLOSEOUT:
• Prepare final billings.
• Closeout subcontractor and vendor accounts.
• Acquire and submit appropriate final releases.
• Prepare any project specific reports and documentation.